Abhishek Banerji is a national level award-winning integrative psychotherapist, a mental health practitioner, a licensed expressive arts-based therapist, a creative leadership consultant to companies, a youth entrepreneurship and leadership development mentor, an internationally certified emotional intelligence coach, a theatre artist, a keynote speaker, a guest lecturer, a writer, an entrepreneur and a former chemical engineer.
He has been honoured with awards and accolades like:
1. “Birla Steel Young Indian” for the Year 2020 for his work in the space of Mental Health & Psychotherapy.
2. Recognized as “Global Goodwill Ambassador” from India by Global Goodwill Ambassadors (USA) for his Humanitarian Work in the space of Mental Health & Psychotherapy.
3. “Yuva Ratna 2020" instituted by Uprise India & Indian School of Politics for Theatre & Drama.
4. Swadeshi India Runway Presents “India’s Superstar Award” for Theatre & Drama.
5. “Pinnacle India Fame Award” for his work in the area of Corporate Learning & Development
6. “Lion’s Game Changer Award” for his Humanitarian Services & Community Development Work.
7. As a former Chemical Engineer, he has been awarded by Chemical Engineering Association (CheA), IIT Bombay, IIChE (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers), IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and has won gold medals at numerous national level symposiums for his research endeavours.
8. He has been a recipient of “Outstanding Young Chemical Engineer of the Year” instituted by IIChE (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers) for the year 2011.
9. He is also the recipient of “Maharashtra State Governor’s Award”
10. He has been interviewed and featured across various print, digital media and podcasts like Mumbai Mirror, Mid-Day, Bombay Times, Humans of Bombay, Times of India, The Daily Guardian, The Sunday Standard magazine, Dehradun Street, Mumbai Theatre Guide, NMTV, JMR, Inventiva, ScoopEarth, EMN News, Being Social Podcast etc.
As an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor, Abhishek has conducted numerous individual and group therapy interventions for populace from 8 years of age to 80. He has worked with clients in various areas like: Depression, Trauma, Stress, Anxiety, Physical & Emotional Abuse, LGBTQ+, Body Image, Self Esteem, Relationships, Personality Disorders, Speech Disorders, Addictions, Grief, Life Purpose & Meaning, Geriatric & Aging Issues, Resilience, Mindfulness and others. He has conducted workshops & seminars on Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing at schools, colleges, companies, NGOs, communities, summits, festivals etc.
Abhishek has been trained and certified in various forms of psychotherapies and areas like: RECBT - Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (accredited by Albert Ellis Institute, New York), TA - Transactional Analysis (Institute for Counselling & Transactional Analysis, India), NLP - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (American Board of NLP), Psychometric Testing - Personal Style Inventory Test/ Psychological Screening Inventory Test (PSI), Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) & Richmond Survey Instrument (RSI)) with distinction from Carlton Advanced Management Institute, EI – Emotional Intelligence & ESAP – Emotional Skills Assessment Process (ESAP) ® (EI Learning Systems, USA).
He is also trained and licensed in Arts-Based Therapy (accredited by World Centre for Creative Learning) which is the evidence-based use of multimodal expressive art therapy mediums like: drama therapy, dance movement therapy, music therapy, visual arts, therapeutic storytelling, projective play, poetry, bibliotherapy, metaphor, rhythm, games etc to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic setting.
He has been trained in Storytelling by British master trainer Ralph Watson and in the Art of Clowning by German Clown & Improviser Jaya Härtlein.
He has a penchant for Theatre and Drama based interventions and extensively employs various methods, methodologies and mediums like Psychodrama, Trauma Informed Drama Therapy, Theatre of the Oppressed: Image Theatre, Forum Theatre, Rainbow of Desire, Newspaper Theatre, Playback Theatre, Sociodrama etc.
His workshops and interventions offer a kaleidoscopic approach by integrating psychological, philosophical, practical, physiological and phenomenological perspectives.
Abhishek is a Dale Carnegie Certified Trainer. He is also a certified facilitator from 60 Bits Consulting and has been trained in Learning & Engaging Actively through Facilitation, a program recognised by National Skill India Mission (NSIM), Government of India. He has worked with MNCs, start-ups, and global leaders through seminars, workshops and bootcamps. He operates closely with people, processes and practices in the organisation to enhance their efficiency, productivity and profitability through various capability and competency building programs on: Influence, Creativity & Innovation, Decision Making, High Impact Teams, Negotiation, Managing Conflicts, Managerial Effectiveness, Collaboration, Diversity at Workplace, Emotional Intelligence, Customer Delight etc.
Previously, in his corporate career, he has served as a business management & creative solutions consultant for MNC's and start-ups in multifarious industries like advertising, technology, real estate, human resource, and events, including NASSCOM Emerge 50 and BBC featured Start-ups. He has received “Outstanding Leadership Award” for his exemplary performance in business development and leadership roles. His client portfolio and strategic partnerships involved major industry giants like Tata Housing, Godrej Properties, Hiranandani Group etc. to name a few.
Abhishek is frequently invited to B-Schools, colleges, higher education institutions and private organisations across India to conduct workshops & seminars and deliver guest lectures on Youth Entrepreneurship & Leadership Development. In these workshops he has catalysed change through a transformation of beliefs, values, and attitudes of the Youth. Having designed these workshops in collaboration with different subject matter experts and partners, he adopts a holistic empowerment approach focussing on multiple areas like Psychological Empowerment, Community Empowerment, Economic Empowerment, Social Empowerment, Cultural Empowerment etc.
He has been formally schooled in Theatre and Acting at Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares, Barry John Acting Studio, Mahesh Bhatt, Moonlight Films and Theatre Studio &Indriyaan Theatre Group. He has been trained in Eric Morris System, Stephen Book Technique & Meisner Technique of Acting.He has majorly played lead roles in close to 25 plays and has had numerous stage performances in English & Hindi productions across diverse genres like Classic Indian Plays, War Drama, Contemporary, Comedy, Children’s Play, Storytelling, Experimental Theatre, Absurd, Surreal, Grotesque, Movement Based Theatre, Miming, Poetry in Motion, Performance Poetry etc.
He has performed in plays produced by Indriyaan Theatre Group & Metamorphosis Theatre Inc. in collaboration with St. Andrews Centre for Philosophy and Performing Arts & Alliance Française de Bombay.
He has also performed at Art & Theatre Festivals like Times of India Kala Ghoda Festival & Children’s Theatre Festival curated by St. Andrews Centre for Philosophy and Performing Arts & Andrean Network of Dynamic and Inspired Educators.